Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We started out the day going to the cleaners, then to Cool Cuts for Kids for a haircut for Ben. He loves playing with the trains they have set up in the play area!
He was having a little too much fun
Miss Leona gave him a snazzy new cut!
All smiles in the cool car
After the haircut and a trip to Starbuck's, we donated some items at Katy Christian Ministries. Hasta la vista to some of the clutter!
I was wracking my brain, trying to think of something new and different to do with the boys. I really didn't want to go to the mall...again. Then it dawned on me--the library! It's educational, fun, somewhat relaxing...perfect! So we headed over to our local branch over by La Centerra. I got a library card in short order and we went to the children's area. They have a really neat area with rocking chairs, tables, and toys for the kids. Ben browsed lots of books and chose one to check out.
Ben reading the latest issue of Nick Jr.
Rex and I perusing Nick Jr. after Ben "read" it
After the library, we headed to WalMart to pick up some odds and ends, then hit up McDonald's for a happy meal for Ben and Whataburger for a happy meal for me.
When we got home, the boys napped while I worked around the house. We had a pleasant evening after Mike got home and now everyone's in bed, but me.
Mike is off Friday and I'm looking so forward to a nice, long weekend with he and the boys. Burgers, steaks, brats, and hot dogs are on the menu. Should be a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment