Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We're Baaaack!

Well, it looks like our blog went the way of the nice weather during the dog days of summer. I'm sure there are people out there who hang on my every word and for those people, I'm sure this has been a torturous summer. My apologies!

Today was Ben's first day of pre-school. He is in the Young 4's class at school and is once again a Dolphin. My friend, Jessica, is his lead teacher and the assistant teacher is Miss Jill. He is really enjoying them so far! I look so forward to watching him learn and grow this year. These pre-school years are so precious to me. Rex will start in the fall of 2010 if all goes well.

Rexy is growing like a weed. He's 7 months old and just as cute as a button. I'm beginning to see a temper on him though. He has no reservations about voicing his displeasure at some of my shenanigans, such as trying to cook dinner or trot off to the powder room without him. The nerve of some mothers. We're working on his attitude, but what can you really do with an infant? Not much, I'm learning.

Vanessa is coming home in October to go to the Heart2Heart conference with me. I can't wait! She was home in August for my birthday and we spent a wonderful week together with the boys (including Mike!). We hit all the required restaurants and made most requested home cooked meals. We watched movies and bonded. It was so special. I miss my girl and this may be the last year that she will have this kind of flexibility while she's living in NYC.

Okay, off to finish my wifely-motherly tasks while Rex takes a brief nap. I'll try to post more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment