Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friday Happenings

Wow, is it late. I'm having my Premier Designs jewelry party tomorrow morning and have been prepping all day today. It's going to be fun and I'm really excited!

Today was a neat day. Jennifer called the other day and wanted to know if she could take Ben to see the new Pixar movie, "Up" today. I thought that would be really cool for Ben, knowing how crazy he is about Jennifer, not to mention his love of popcorn and BIG movie theaters! So we got him all amped up about the movie Thursday night. The first thing he said this morning was, "Jennifer's coming and we're going to see 'Up'!" He got dressed and I helped him brush his teeth, go potty, and get his water bottle. Jen showed up and did me the honor of holding and snuggling Rex while I got the carseat in her car. NaNa showed up just in time to say goodbye to Ben and take over with Rex while I dashed out to run errands for the party.

While I was at Best Buy, Jen called and said that both she and Ben found "Up" to be a bit of a snore and could she take him to lunch. Wow! My big boy had a lunch date! I told her of course and they went to Chili's. He told me all about his burger that he had at lunch when he got home.

Jennifer is a wonderful friend and I can't tell you how special it was for me that she and Ben got to steal away and spend some special time together. That kind of sweet gesture doesn't occur to a lot of people. But Jennifer is special. :D

When I got home from running errands, Belinda, Mike's mom, told me that Rex had napped the whole time I was gone and was an angel. Why doesn't he do that for me?! God bless Belinda. She enabled me to run my errands without having to drag 2 kidlets, who'd rather be with their NaNa anyway, with me. It was wonderful to be able to jump in and out of the car quickly and get some things done.

From about 4:30 on, I worked on prepping for the party. When Mike got home, he brought me a vanilla latte from Starbucks (my favorite!). He's such a kind and caring husband. I love his little acts of love.

Mike hung the new blinds in the dining room and we finally bid farewell to the chewed up blinds we've been sporting for a couple of years now. I swear, it looked like a serial killer or a wild animal lived here with those blinds hanging in the window. Oy.

Mike and I worked throughout the night and finally we're bathed/showered and ready for bed. I'm excited about my party tomorrow. It will be good to visit with great friends, eat, and look at cool jewelry!

Night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment