Thursday, June 18, 2009

Out & About!

Today turned out to be a really busy, but fun day! I got up, had my coffee, got dressed, and put on my make up before the boys rose for the day. We had breakfast together and Rex enjoyed a bowl of rice cereal while Ben munched a peanut butter sandwich.



After breakfast, we hit the post office, the cleaners, and the pet store for dog food. Then I decided to take the boys walking at Katy Mills mall. I resolved to walk 3 times around the mall (3 miles) and only got around once before veering into Ann Taylor Loft to snatch up a cute shirt that was on sale. While there, Rex started screaming bloody murder which, unfortunately, did not speed up the sales clerk one bit.

After leaving Ann Taylor, I sprinted, pushing the stroller like a maniac, to the play area. Ben ran and frolicked with the other kids while I fed Rex. I ran into a couple of my mom friends, Lindsay and Jessica and got to chat with them while Ben played. Lindsay and I have been trying to make plans to get together for months and voila! We got to catch up at the mall.

After we got home, Rex took a solid nap and I got to wrap up loose ends around the house in preparation for my jewelry party on Saturday while Ben had quiet time in his room.

When Mike got home, we had dinner and relaxed for a bit before bathtime ensued. I got Ben and I out of the way and then Mike gave Rex a good scrubbing.


Ben tried his hand and brushing his own teeth, something we don't let him do too often, but he did a pretty darn good job tonight!






Here's Rex all snuggled up in the towel Aunt Laurie gave him. I wish you could experience how wonderful he smells after his baby lotion massage.




Ben took it upon himself to fix Rex's unruly hair.
All in all, a wonderful day was had by all!






No comments:

Post a Comment