Monday, June 15, 2009

Escape is Just Footsteps Away

Well, today started out a bit rough. The contractor who was sent by Guardsman to clean spit-up stains (that shouldn't require a contractor to clean) showed up early at 8 a.m. to clean the sectional. That's another story for another time, suffice it to say that I have high hopes Bassett will replace the sectional as the fabric is not easily cleaned at all.


So besides a very nice man seeing me in all my pre-coffee, pre-contact-lens, pre-ready-for-the-day glory, things were okay. I had resolved to get the boys and myself out of the house until...Rex decided it was time for his morning nap. He napped until after noon, at which point I was starting to feel a little glass-half-empty and stir-crazy.


Not to be discouraged, I figured, "Hey, I have a double stroller, let's use it!" So everyone popped on their shades and around the neighborhood we walked...well, I walked, Ben and Rex rode. It was scorching hot, but we were out of the house. It was a brief walk, but it was a walk.

After the walk, we came back and broke out the super-cool Gymboree bubbles. Did I mention Ben loves Bubbles?
Always a good reminder that when I'm feeling caged, I can always walk right out the door with the boys and escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment