Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On the Go

I'm quite pleased with myself today! We got on the road by about 10 a.m. to run some errands. We went to Party City, Babies R Us, and Home Depot (Ben's favorite!).
After Home Depot, I was dreading going back home and trying to do anything at home to entertain the boys for the rest of the day. I called Donna and Selene to see if they wanted to hit up Rat Palace (code word for Chuck E Cheese), but they had gone to the beach. I decided to go ahead and take Ben back to the play area at Katy Mills mall. He really needed to have some fun. Ben: Ready to Roll! Nice back up shades, Buddy!
Ben on the back of the blue car at KMM
Hey, baby, goin' my way?
I have no words. And apparently, neither does Ben.
Collapsing with utter play area joy.
No pictures please. Can a kid eat a hot dog in peace?
Rex napped during lunch in the Covered Wagon of a stroller. Genius timing!
I'm learning to love The Covered Wagon
Ben got to ride the carousel twice in one week! He's such a big boy. He tried to get on his horse all by himself, but the nice man behind him helped him get up there while I stayed outside the gate with Rex in the stroller.
When we got home, Rex played in his jumperoo. For the longest time, he couldn't touch the ground, but he can now get a toe on the floor and is able to bounce like a maniac on that one toe! Go, Rexy, go! Show that jumperoo who's boss!
This is my project for tomorrow. This is our coffee table. This is unacceptable.
I put both boys down for a nap after we got home. They were just wiped out (thank you, God). I used the time to my advantage to make dinner, some shortcut spaghetti. Mike's on his way home and we've got lots to do tonight. So it'll be go, go, go after dinner. But at least dinner's already cooked for the most part!

No comments:

Post a Comment